Fall is the most beautiful time of year on the mountain. The summer rains have come and made everything a beautiful green. Later in October the leaves on the aspens and oak will begin to turn beautiful yellows, reds and orange! What a sight! Memories last forever and are the best gift we can give ourselves and our families. You know the memories made here at Sprucedale are super special! We want you to come experience this beauty with us and make your lasting memories with us! In the Fall, here at the ranch we enjoy horseback rides, delicious home-cooked meals, visiting, relaxing and taking in gorgeous vistas, wildlife and so much more! We look forward to having you come, join our family and friends here at the ranch!
For ANY Other Reservations, Please call 928-333-4984 first.
|6:45 AM||No Rides On Sunday||
Horses are Wrangled and Saddled
This is primarily done by wranglers...but you can help where you want to!
|8:00 AM||Hearty and Healthy Breakfast in the Lodge|
Times. We now take weekend stays.
Morning Trail Rides
In the fall, all rides and activities are organized according to availability and tailor-made to fit the current guests. We continue to ride daily, but often the experience is more Ranch-style. We check fencelines and patch the holes. We inspect pastures and water sources, and occasionaly move cattle. Other activities such as colt Leading, Picnic Rides, Rodeo Practice, Cow Milking, and Animal Feeding are still available, but are only scheduled upon request. Please contact us prior to your stay to make a plan that best fits you.
|1:00 PM||Yummy Lunch In The Lodge|
|2:30 PM||No Rides On Sunday||
Afternoon Trail Rides
Fall in The White Mountains offers unique opportunities to see a wide variety of wild flowers and wildlife, hear elk bugle, and experience the changing fall colors. Be sure to take this into consideration when making your plans. Come create your own relaxing Western vacation, or, if you'd rather be treated like a wrangler and get a real down-to-earth experience, bring your gloves and Billy will put you to work. This could be your chance to have the vacation you've always dreamed of!
|7:00 PM||Delicious Dinner in the Lodge|
As with rides and other activities...
in the fall our nightly activities, such as Bonfires, Games, Dancing, and Hay Rides, will be planned individually by our guests, according to availability.
|Fall At The Ranch Rates|
|Base Price*||2021||2021 Daily||2022||2022 Daily|
*Base Price includes your cabin, meals, ranch activities. Horseback Rides, Tip and Sales Tax not included.
Not all activities are available during the fall due to staffing and weather conditions.
Planning Your Stay
- RIDING BOOTS OR BOOTS WITH HEELS, NO HIKING BOOTS
- HELMET IF YOU RIDE WITH ONE
- RAIN GEAR, NO PONCHOS PLEASE
- WARM COAT OR JACKET
- LIP BALM
- COWBOY HAT WITH STAMPEDE STRING, OR BASEBALL CAP
- FLASHLIGHT (Generator is not running around the clock)
- BANDAIDS MOLESKIN, SMALL FIRST AID KIT
- BYOB AND ANY RIDING GEAR YOU WANT TO BRING (SADDLE, SADDLE BAGS ETC)
- YOUR FAVORITE SNACKS AND DRINKS TO ENJOY BETWEEN MEALS. ICE AND ICE CHEST TO KEEP DRINKS IN.
- DON'T FORGET MEDICATIONS!
- IF ANYBODY HAS ANY ALLERGIES, BE SURE TO BRING YOUR EPIPEN!
- WE SUPPLY THE WATER, TOWELS, WASHCLOTHS, ETC. ON THE TRAIL AND THE CABINS WILL BE FULLY MADE UP FOR YOUR COMFORT.
- BOOKS AND GAMES FOR QUIET AFTERNOONS
Frequently Asked Questions
Are all activities available during the fall?
No. Not all activities are available during the fall due to staffing and/or weather. However, please ask if there is activity you would like to participate in, and we will do our best to accommodate that request. Due to the limited activities, fall prices are discounted from our normal rate.
The first deposit is $300 per cabin for the first 2 people plus $75 for each additional person.
The first deposit is due when making the reservation. The second deposit is the same amount as the first deposit and is due on or before February 1st of the year of the reservation. Failure to send the second deposit on time can cause loss of reservation. If the reservation is made after February 1st then both the first and second deposit are due when making the reservation. The deposits required for groups and for several families reserving together are different than the deposits for individual families. Please contact for details.
You will be charged a $50 fee to move your reservation within the same year and a $100 fee to move to another year.
If you cancel your reservation before February 1st of the year of your reservation, your deposit minus a $100 cancellation fee will be refunded to you. Cancellations after April 1st will result in the loss of your full deposit. There is also an additional $100 charge for any person who has a reservation but does not show up with their party unless we are notified 4 weeks before your arrival.
Our family has been offering unique family ranch vacations for over 50 years.
To preserve this tradition for your family and many other families, it is mandatory to have you sign a release form. We are a working ranch and deal with horses, other animals, and the outdoor wilderness on a daily basis. Although these activities will bring you enjoyment, there is always a chance of accident or harm. We have a comprehensive release form which releases our family and workers from any responsibility should an accident occur. This form MUST be signed to participate in our activities. You will be asked to sign this form upon your arrival at the ranch.
- Check in time is on Sunday after 2 p.m. Check out time is on Saturday before 10 a.m.
- *We have no telephones in the cabins. (We do have a cell phone for EMERGENCY USE ONLY.)
- *The ranch’s electricity comes from a generator which runs 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM and 6:00PM to 10:30PM.
- We cook for an average of 40 guests, plus family, and workers. Contact us for special dietary requests and pricing.
- For insurance reasons, we can not allow children under 6 to ride, or anyone to ride double on the trail rides.
- Infants are free, but baby-sitting services are not available.
- We do not allow any illegal drugs to be used on the ranch, and we prefer not to rent to unwed couples.
- No pets allowed.
- Base price includes cabin, meals, and entertainment. Horseback rides are $40 per ride.
- Prices and fees may vary from year to year, so please check to see if these are our current rates. Prices subject to change without notice.
- **Our prices are based on a 2 person minimum; therefore, there is an additional charge for single occupancy.
- Preferred payment can be made by Cashier’s Check, Traveler’s Checks, Cash, Personal Checks, or Credit Cards.