The White Mountains of Arizona have many hidden treasures that we've rarely explored. And why not? We don't know! So, in an effort to expand your equestrian experience, we're now offering an entire week of high-adventure horseback rides! Each day will be a different, 5 to 8 hour ride through country we don't often see. Yes, a whole week! Because of the limited space in our stock trailers we're only taking 10 riders.
For ANY Other Reservations,
Please call 928-333-4984 first.
|8:00 AM||Hearty and Healthy Breakfast In The Lodge!|
All rides this week will begin around 9:00 AM. Some rides will involve trailering the horses to and from locations. Each ride will be approximately 10-20 miles. Lunch will be provided on the trail. Depending on weather and trail length, we'll return to Sprucedale between 2:00 and 5:00 PM. The following are some of the suggested trails. These also may change due to weather and trail conditions:
Black River Ride, Wildcat to Sprucedale, Mt. Baldy, Blue River, Double Bar K
|Check-Out By 11:00|
|2:00 PM||Begin Check-In Time|
|5:30 PM||Hors d'oeuvres|
|6:30 PM||Delicious Dinner In The Lodge|
|8:15 PM||Introductions||Relax, reminisce, and enjoy each other's company.|
|Adventure Week Rates|
*Base Price includes everything except for tip and Sales Tax.
Upcoming Dates: Sept. 13 - 19, 2020 | Sept. 12 - 18, 2021 | Sept. 11 - 17, 2022
Planning Your Stay
- RIDING BOOTS OR BOOTS WITH HEELS, NO HIKING BOOTS
- HELMET IF YOU RIDE WITH ONE
- RAIN GEAR, NO PONCHOS PLEASE
- WARM COAT OR JACKET
- LIP BALM
- COWBOY HAT WITH STAMPEDE STRING, OR BASEBALL CAP
- BANDAIDS MOLESKIN, SMALL FIRST AID KIT
- BYOB AND ANY RIDING GEAR YOU WANT TO BRING (SADDLE, SADDLE BAGS ETC)
- YOUR FAVORITE SNACKS AND DRINKS TO ENJOY BETWEEN MEALS. ICE AND ICE CHEST TO KEEP DRINKS IN.
- DON'T FORGET MEDICATIONS!
- IF ANYBODY HAS ANY ALLERGIES, BE SURE TO BRING YOUR EPIPEN!
- WE SUPPLY THE WATER, TOWELS, WASHCLOTHS, ETC. ON THE TRAIL AND THE CABINS WILL BE FULLY MADE UP FOR YOUR COMFORT.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will we can on the Adventure Week?
No. We do not camp on the Adventure Week. Accommodations will be our cabins at the ranch.
Do we ride every day from the ranch?
We have a variety of beautiful destination rides and will either ride from the ranch or trailer to a location. This may be subject to availability or weather conditions.
How well do I have to ride to qualify to participate?
You need to be an intermediate rider that has ridden at least 40 hours and be physically fit and in good health.
The first deposit is $300 per cabin for the first 2 people plus $75 for each additional person.
The first deposit is due when making the reservation. The second deposit is the same amount as the first deposit and is due on or before February 1st of the year of the reservation. Failure to send the second deposit on time can cause loss of reservation. If the reservation is made after February 1st then both the first and second deposit are due when making the reservation. The deposits required for groups and for several families reserving together are different than the deposits for individual families. Please contact for details.
You will be charged a $50 fee to move your reservation within the same year and a $100 fee to move to another year.
If you cancel your reservation before February 1st of the year of your reservation, your deposit minus a $100 cancellation fee will be refunded to you. Cancellations after April 1st will result in the loss of your full deposit. There is also an additional $100 charge for any person who has a reservation but does not show up with their party unless we are notified 4 weeks before your arrival.
Our family has been offering unique family ranch vacations for over 50 years.
To preserve this tradition for your family and many other families, it is mandatory to have you sign a release form. We are a working ranch and deal with horses, other animals, and the outdoor wilderness on a daily basis. Although these activities will bring you enjoyment, there is always a chance of accident or harm. We have a comprehensive release form which releases our family and workers from any responsibility should an accident occur. This form MUST be signed to participate in our activities. You will be asked to sign this form upon your arrival at the ranch.
- Check in time is on Sunday after 2 p.m. Check out time is on Saturday before 10 a.m.
- *We have no telephones in the cabins. (We do have a cell phone for EMERGENCY USE ONLY.)
- *The ranch’s electricity comes from a generator which runs 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM and 6:00PM to 10:30PM.
- We cook for an average of 40 guests, plus family, and workers. Contact us for special dietary requests and pricing.
- For insurance reasons, we can not allow children under 6 to ride, or anyone to ride double on the trail rides.
- Infants are free, but baby-sitting services are not available.
- We do not allow any illegal drugs to be used on the ranch, and we prefer not to rent to unwed couples.
- No pets allowed.
- Base price includes cabin, meals, and entertainment. Horseback rides are $40 per ride.
- Prices and fees may vary from year to year, so please check to see if these are our current rates. Prices subject to change without notice.
- **Our prices are based on a 2 person minimum; therefore, there is an additional charge for single occupancy.
- Preferred payment can be made by Cashier’s Check, Traveler’s Checks, Cash, Personal Checks, or Credit Cards.