The Full Ranch Experience is Sprucedale’s main attraction. Beginning in June and concluding in August, this six-day vacation package includes a cabin, all your meals, rodeo practice and competition, pony rides, evening activities, and fun hands-on opportunities to imprint colts, pet kittens, and milk a cow. The Ranch also has a playground, basketball and volleyball court, horseshoe pit, and a closet full of other outdoor games at your disposal.
Great For Cowboys
Of All Ages!
For ANY Other Reservations, Please call 928-333-4984 first.
|Full Ranch Experience Rates|
|Base Price*||2021||2021 Off Peak||2022||2022 Off Peak|
*Base Price includes your cabin, meals, ranch activities. Tip, Horseback Riding and Sales Tax not included.
Peak Season: June - August; Off-Peak Season: September - October
Planning Your Stay
- RIDING BOOTS OR BOOTS WITH HEELS, NO HIKING BOOTS
- HELMET IF YOU RIDE WITH ONE
- RAIN GEAR, NO PONCHOS PLEASE
- WARM COAT OR JACKET
- LIP BALM
- COWBOY HAT WITH STAMPEDE STRING, OR BASEBALL CAP
- BANDAIDS MOLESKIN, SMALL FIRST AID KIT
- BYOB AND ANY RIDING GEAR YOU WANT TO BRING (SADDLE, SADDLE BAGS ETC)
- YOUR FAVORITE SNACKS AND DRINKS TO ENJOY BETWEEN MEALS. ICE AND ICE CHEST TO KEEP DRINKS IN.
- DON'T FORGET MEDICATIONS!
- IF ANYBODY HAS ANY ALLERGIES, BE SURE TO BRING YOUR EPIPEN!
- WE SUPPLY THE WATER, TOWELS, WASHCLOTHS, ETC. ON THE TRAIL AND THE CABINS WILL BE FULLY MADE UP FOR YOUR COMFORT.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the full Sprucedale Ranch experience?
A 6-day stay is customary to get the full Sprucedale Ranch experience, and take advantage of all the activities and fun offered during our peak summer season. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included. All meals will be served at the main lodge where you can sit and eat together, family-style. Our food is made fresh from scratch and served hot! Meals are serviced with fresh salads, homemade breads, and delicious desserts. For medical allergies, vegetarian, or gluten options, please contact us at least one month prior to your arrival.
How often will we ride horses during our 6-day stay?
Typically each day, we offer a morning horseback ride for all of our riders, an afternoon ride for our advanced riders, and afternoon gymkhana rodeo for younger riders, except on Thursday when we offer an “all-day” ride down to the Black River to enjoy a packed lunch and swimming, before we ride back. Our advanced rides may be at a faster pace, where you may be able to lope or canter. Riders 13 years and older may qualify for our advanced rides. Our younger riders are encouraged to participate in our afternoon gymkhana rodeo. All riders mush be at least 6 years old. Horseback rides, advanced rides, and gymkhana rodeo may be subject to change depending on availability or weather conditions. Horseback rides and advanced rides are an additional charge and not included in the base stay rate. There is no additional charge for gymkhana rodeo for our younger riders.
Are there afternoon or nightly activities?
We offer cow milking, colt leading, gymkhana rodeo, fishing, cornhole, basketball, volleyball, hayrides, western line dancing, bonfires, and a variety of indoor and outdoor games. Activities may be subject to change depending on availability or weather conditions.
The first deposit is $300 per cabin for the first 2 people plus $75 for each additional person.
The first deposit is due when making the reservation. The second deposit is the same amount as the first deposit and is due on or before February 1st of the year of the reservation. Failure to send the second deposit on time can cause loss of reservation. If the reservation is made after February 1st then both the first and second deposit are due when making the reservation. The deposits required for groups and for several families reserving together are different than the deposits for individual families. Please contact for details.
You will be charged a $50 fee to move your reservation within the same year and a $100 fee to move to another year.
If you cancel your reservation before February 1st of the year of your reservation, your deposit minus a $100 cancellation fee will be refunded to you. Cancellations after April 1st will result in the loss of your full deposit. There is also an additional $100 charge for any person who has a reservation but does not show up with their party unless we are notified 4 weeks before your arrival.
Our family has been offering unique family ranch vacations for over 50 years.
To preserve this tradition for your family and many other families, it is mandatory to have you sign a release form. We are a working ranch and deal with horses, other animals, and the outdoor wilderness on a daily basis. Although these activities will bring you enjoyment, there is always a chance of accident or harm. We have a comprehensive release form which releases our family and workers from any responsibility should an accident occur. This form MUST be signed to participate in our activities. You will be asked to sign this form upon your arrival at the ranch.
- Check in time is on Sunday after 2 p.m. Check out time is on Saturday before 10 a.m.
- *We have no telephones in the cabins. (We do have a cell phone for EMERGENCY USE ONLY.)
- *The ranch’s electricity comes from a generator which runs 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM and 6:00PM to 10:30PM.
- We cook for an average of 40 guests, plus family, and workers. Contact us for special dietary requests and pricing.
- For insurance reasons, we can not allow children under 6 to ride, or anyone to ride double on the trail rides.
- Infants are free, but baby-sitting services are not available.
- We do not allow any illegal drugs to be used on the ranch, and we prefer not to rent to unwed couples.
- No pets allowed.
- Base price includes cabin, meals, and entertainment. Horseback rides are $40 per ride.
- Prices and fees may vary from year to year, so please check to see if these are our current rates. Prices subject to change without notice.
- **Our prices are based on a 2 person minimum; therefore, there is an additional charge for single occupancy.
- Preferred payment can be made by Cashier’s Check, Traveler’s Checks, Cash, Personal Checks, or Credit Cards.